Neurosis: ending D - no relation
by Mooky and Rheow

Mac: Well, I'm actually not related to Demeter in anyway . . .

Demeter: (from the ceiling) Dang straight we're not!

Dr Mau: So what's the problem?

Mac: I dunno . . .

Demi: How about "he's a psycho and he beat up my boyfriend and tried to kidnap me"?

Mac: I have this condition that makes me a bit irrational sometimes--

Demi: You're pleading insanity?

Mac: I'm not insane--well, only at certain times and that's when I cook up really improbably plans to take over the world.

Dr Mau: Er, Demi, maybe you could come down from there?

Demi: He's a criminal!

Mac: I'm not the vicious SOB who committed every heinous crimes there is . . . Contrary to popular opinion, I am not the devil in feline form.

Demi: Gee, I could have sworn I got that distinct impression at the Ball! Y'know, the mad laughter, the weird red lights that come on . . .

Dr Mau: Demi . . . I don't think the ceiling can take your claws any longer . . .

Mac: (shrugs) Standard hellish effects?

(Suddenly Munkustrap comes in through the window--and for some reason, he's dressed in Victorian-style clothing)

Munkustrap: Macavity! What's he doing here?

Mac: Trying to clear my name?

Dr Mau: Could you get your girlfriend off my ceiling now?

Munkustrap: (looks up) Demi? What are you doing up there?

Demi: I'm doing yoga--what the deuce d'ya think I'm doing?!? Macavity's down there!

Munkustrap: (turns to Macavity) What are you doing here?

Mac: I could ask the same of you . . . and why are you dressed up like someone from two centuries ago?

Munkustrap: I . . . (looks down for a moment) Hey, how did I wind up in this?

Dr Mau: Your girlfriend . . . my ceiling . . .

Munkustrap: Oh . . . Er, Dem, why don't you let go and I'll catch you?

Demi: I'm only doing this because I trust you! (lets go and lands slap bang on target)

Munkustrap: Ow . . .(tries to get up) Demi, I think my cufflinks are snagged on your . . . petticoats?

Mac: Egads, where did that dress come from? And why the dickens am I speaking like this?

Authors: Because we said so.

Dr Mau: Oh no, it's *them* again . . .

Authors: It was getting boring, so we decided to do a costume change . . . And re-enact some Victorian-era literature! Or Gone With The Wind at the very least . . .

Mac: (whispering) Munku, how the devil did you get in here?

Munkustrap: I climbed in through the window--why do you ask?

Mac: (still whispering) So that we can get the deuce out of here!

Munkustrap: Splendid idea!

Demi: It's strange, but the window's gone . . . I swore it was there but a moment ago!

Authors: Let's do Wuthering Heights! Mac can be Heathcliff and Munku can be Edgar . . .

Munkustrap: I thought I was better suited to the part of Heathcliff . . .

Mac: Ha!

Dr Mau and Demi: Help! Someone get us out of here!

And on that cryptic note, we'll stick the *The End* sign up . . .


Back to the Fanfics
Come Home