Neurosis: ending C - her brother
by Mooky and Rheow

Mac: Well, I'm actually her brother . . .

Demi: (from under the couch where she's hiding) Unfortunately! I've been trying to deny that fact for as long as I can remember!

Dr Mau: Whatever caused such a rift between the two of you?

Mac: Long story . . .

Demi: He didn't care about Bomba and me! He left us and when he became Mr Big-Shot-Napoleon-of-Crime, he didn't even come back to visit!

Dr Mau: I thought you wanted to stay away from him?

Mac: It had something to do with the large amounts of cream and kippers I had amassed in my career . . .

Demi: (still under the couch) Mumblemumblemumble . . .

Mac: What was that again?

Demi: Mumblemumble--okay, it used to have something to do with the kippers and cream! But Bomba and I aren't associating with you anymore!

Dr Mau: And why is that?

Demi: We're respectable cats now! And Munku has it in for you, if you didn't know--not that I blame him after you beat him up at the Ball!

Mac: Those Jellicles turned her head around--I think they must have brainwashed her into fearing me . . .

Dr Mau: Most cats fear you.

Mac: Technicalities . . . Demi, don't you remember the time when we were kittens? I used to give you piggyback rides!

Dr Mau: Demi, do you recall any of this?

Demi: I-I remember that . . .

Mac: And the number of times I ran into the fish monger's--

Demi: --To steal fish to feed us because Dad was a miserable git who didn't stay around long after Ma gave birth to us! And when Bomba fell into that drain--

Mac: I fished her out!

Demi: But you left us to fend for ourselves after you got into that catnip-smuggling ring!

Mac: I was young and very rash back then . . .

Dr Mau: I think she's feeling an acute sense of betrayal. Mac, you have to take the first step towards reconciliation.

Mac: Demi, can't you give me one more chance? I never realised how important a family was until recently!

Demi: I'm too scared to! You're still a criminal and how can I trust you?

Mac: How can I prove that I'm not a murdering scumbag? I'm retiring anyway--this gig's gotten old and I want a more quite life.

Demi: Prove it!

Mac: I'm building a retirement home in the country and I'm going to rear sheep . . .

Dr Mau: Mac's shown me some pictures of his sheep farm--very nice and peaceful, I might add.

Demi: Really?

Dr Mau: (shoves a photograph under the couch) Really . . .

Demi: Hey Mac, you look like Old MacDonald in this pic!

Mac: Why don't you come out and give your big bro a hug?

Demi: (comes out from under the couch) Well . . . All right, but just one . . . (they hug)

Dr Mau: Awwww--I just love happy endings, don't you?

(Suddenly Munkustrap comes in through the window dressed up very much like the guys in "The Matrix")

Munkustrap: Demi! What the--Macavity!

Demi: Mac's my brother--and we're not going to deny it anymore!

Munkustrap: But how can you be sure he's your brother?

Demi: Er . . .

Dr Mau: (buried her head in her paws) Oh no, not again . . .

Mac: I think the readers' are confused enough as it is, so we'll end it here . . .


Back to the Fanfics
Come Home