Neurosis: ending B - her father
by Mooky and Rheow

Mac: Well, I'm actually her dad . . .

Demi: (from the corner where she's trying to disappear in) Some dad! Where were you all my life?

Mac: Look, I'm sorry, Demi, for missing your kittenhood . . .

Demi: And you're a criminal! I was in denial for most of my life!

Dr Mau: And now?

Demi: I had to face the fact that my dad's the most hated cat in the city! All those years, I-I was hoping no one would find out . . . (looks like she's about to cry)

Mac: (sits down and looks glum) It wasn't supposed to be like that, Demi. I just wanted a nice normal life--but that whole "Napoleon of Crime" business swept me away! It was like not having control while I was in control . . .

Dr Mau: (scribbling frantically) Hang on a minute, Mac--let me add that to your dossier . . .

Demi: What's that supposed to mean? You left Bomba and me! And you kidnapped Old D.!

Mac: Oh dang, I knew that was going to come up . . .

Dr Mau: That's because Mac over there has a unique condition that flares up every now and then, right, Mac?

Mac: Right. It's a sort of moon-madness. Demi, I never hurt Old D. and I was thinking about you and that life that should have been--so . . . er, well, the whole cat-napping fiasco happened . . .

Demi: Should-have-been, eh? Now I know my dad's a sentimental psycho as well as a hardened criminal! I'll never be able to hold my tail up in the junkyard again!

Mac: Demi . . .

(Munkustrap comes in through the window ala James Bond, rocket-pack and all.)

Munkustrap: Demi! Macavity?

Mac: That's my name--don't wear it out.

Munkustrap: Mind telling me what your doing here?

Mac: Mind telling me what's your involvement my daughter's life?

Munkustrap: What the--

Demi: (tearfully) I've been hiding this from you for a long time . . .

Munkustrap: (still in denial) D-daughter . . .

Demi: I knew you'd react like that!

Mac: Hey, if you loved her, you wouldn't care if I was her dad or not!

Munkustrap: Great Heaviside! He's right!

Mac: Great Everlasting Cat, I'm dispensing advice for someone's love life!

Dr Mau: Great sappy coincidences! We actually have a proper fairy tale ending for this! (everyone looks at her and she shrugs) Hey, one of us had to be the sarcastic one . . .

Munkustrap: Sarcastic input aside, I just want to ask Demi's forgiveness if she ever got the impression that my love for her wasn't 100%.

Demi: And I want to say that I never doubt you for a moment! (mushiness ensues)

Dr Mau: Someone pass the--

Mac: Sshhh! You'll spoil the moment . . .

Dr Mau: But it's so unbearably *saccharine*!

Demi: Today was amazing--I actually got reconciled with my no-good, criminal-element parent and my stodgy-but-sincere boyfriend.

Munkustrap: Stodgy? When was I ever *stodgy*?

Demi: Sorry, dear, but you do get that way sometimes.

Munkustrap: Only 1% of the time . . .

Dr Mau: You can take this episode of the Brady Bunch out of my office now . . . Thanks for coming, Mac.

Mac: Let's go for dinner--

Demi: You aren't going to ask Munku any embarrassing questions, are you?

Munkustrap: Hey, ask away! I got no skeletons in my closet!

Mac: You just treat her right--or else . .

Munkustrap: That certainly sounds *ominous* . . .

And that was our idea of an ending . . .


Back to the Fanfics
Come Home