Judgement by Kalamity You can really wonder what people are like these days. You know: close minded to the differences around them. Not open to other opinions or ideas. Ever had to deal with it everyday, all the time? I have. Living in a place such as my home, household, whatever you want to call it, is difficult. We fight to survive and to stay where we are. Who said owning land was easy? Especially our land. We have been living in the same place for thousands of years. And for thousands of years, we have been in brutal battles over our home. Sure, it’s beautiful, it’s good for harvest, good for animals. But why must it be OUR land? Then there are the people who shudder and turn away in disgust at who you are. Whenever I show my face, animals and humans alike all shriek and take off. Has one ever stayed behind to actually get to know me? Not one. I’m really not what they say I’m like. I mean, who is? Who is what other people say you’re like? Honestly, I don’t know anyone who is. But what happens when I cross someone’s path and their face turns into sheer horror really gets to me. Ever felt like your heart has been torn into itty bitty pieces all in one painful, lingering stroke? It’s awful. Really. The fact that no one gives a fucking damn about your existence is another thing. Sure, your family and Tribe do. But what about others? What about other people? Friends you never know. They can turn on you just as you turn your back. Been there, done that, thank you. The sinking feeling that everyone hates your bloody guts can really reflect on your mental state. Lose your sanity? Did you have any to begin with? Not that I know of, sanity has never been a big thing for me. Anyway, just with the knowledge that people just hate you for who you are makes you think that you don’t have a friend in the world. That’s why I’m sarcastic, mean, and downright nasty. People judge me before they get to know me. And they shouldn’t. Get to know me before you go running to somebody to protect you. I’m not going to do a fucking thing to you if you just stop by and say ‘hello’ or ‘nice to see you’ once in awhile. Then maybe Macavity the Mystery Cat wouldn’t be so much of a mystery anymore.