First Kill by Alliecallienip I'm trapped. I'm not a bad Cat. I'm really not. I have to do what he tells me to or else he'll kill Rumpel. I can't let him hurt my sister, no matter how much she annoys me sometimes. So, if he wants me to steal, I steal. If he wants me to fight, I fight. If he wants me to kill - That's my problem. He wants me to kill. I'm not sure if I can do it. But if I don't - he'll kill her, I know it. And I can't let him hurt her. I can't let him hurt her like her hurt Rumpel and my ma. His mate. Yeah, that's right. He's my father. Our father. And if I don't do what he wants, he'll force Rumpel to give him an heir, and then kill her. Like our ma. Only that didn't turn out the way he'd planned. I didn't want to be his heir. I didn't even want to work for him. But then he threatened Rumpelteazer...Bast, she's just a kitten! I know, I know. Technically we're the same age. But she's so much...younger, somehow. Innocent. Frivolous and silly. I love her, even when her antics mess up a job and I suffer the punishment because I was in charge. She doesn't know - doesn't understand. She thinks we thieve for fun. She's just a kitten... A murderer. That's what I'm about to become. One step closer to him. There, now he's looking at me. Bastet, I'm going to have to stare him in the eyes when I do this. "Hello, Mungojerrie!" he greets me pleasantly. I don't think I can do this. I manage to croak out, "'ello." Now he's noticed that I'm not my usual, mischievous self. Or, the self that I lead them to believe I am. I can't do this. Look at his eyes. Full of trust...unsuspecting.. Rumpelteazer. Ma. I must do it. He's so unaware - so naïve. No one will suspect me. Take a quick look around. Good - we're alone. I guess I'll just catch him by surprise... Bast, this is it. I'm raising my fist to cave his skull in. I don't think I can do this... It's too late. Look at his eyes. Frozen forever... I have to get out of here. Oh, Bast. Look at my paws. Covered in his blood. I have to get it off! Yuck - blood tastes terrible. I have to get out of here! The Junkyard's behind me now. I'm free... Oh, no. I can hear Demeter. First she screamed, "Macavity!" A quick sniff. Yuck, I do smell like him. Quickly, lick the scent off. That's better. Now she's crying, wailing, screaming, "Munkustrap! Munkustrap!" over and over again. I'm sorry she's upset, but she doesn't understand. He would have hurt Rumpelteazer. I'm sorry Munkustrap had to die, but Rumpel will be safe now... I'm not a bad Cat. I'm really not. Really.